Last time, I had done a treat with my favorite fruit for my hubby. Right now mangos are in season, what else I can do or make with mangos, mhm... of course I would not miss out the classic Thai sticky rice with mango. I am going to cook the sticky rice with the pressure cooker which is very quick and doesn't need to soak for hours or overnight.
Ingredients for sticky rice:
a. 500 gram Thai sticky rice
b. 500 gram water (for the use of cooking the rice)
c. 150 ml coconut milk
d. 3 tablespoons sugar or turbinado sugar
e. 1 peeled ripe mango, cut it into thick slices or cubes
f. 1/4 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the sauce:
a. 1/4 cup coconut milk
b. 1/4 cup of water
c. 2 teaspoon of cornstarch
d. 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions: (cook in the pressure cooker)
1. Simply rinse Thai sticky rice in a bowl.
2. Put the rice into the pressure cooker and add the water.
3. Press the button HIGH, cook for about 5 minutes.
4. While the rice is cooking, prepare the sauce.
5. Put all the sauce's ingredients in a small pot stir until dissolved.
6. Then warm it over low medium heat, stir constantly until the sauce become thick, if necessary can add some more cornstarch water.
7. Remove the sauce from the heat.
8. After the rice is done, open the pressure cooker lid carefully and away for the steam.
9. Use a long wooden spoon mix gently with 150 ml coconut milk and 3 tablespoons sugar until the sugar dissolve into hot rice.
10. Cover the rice with lid for 5-10 minutes, the coconut milk will absorbed by the hot sticky rice.
11. Place the rice on a serving dish, arrange some mangos on the top or side, then pour the sauce over the rice and mangos.
12. Makes 5 servings.
I simply like it so much!!! It can be serve when the rice is in warm temperature or in room temperature. The ideal one is it has to be eaten as soon as you serve on dish before the rice tend to get drier. I am not recommend to keep it in the refrigerator and serve for the next day. So what can you do when you make more than enough for yourself and your family? "It is more blessed to give than to receive", your neighbors and your friends are going to be blessed by this wonderful recipe as well!