I cooked Nonya dessert - Bubur Cha Cha today, but in different version, because I added my favorite, cendol green noodles. It tastes very good.
a. 1 medium sized yam
b. 1 sweet potato (can be yellow, orange, or purple)
c. 50 gram black-eyed peas
d. 1 liter boiling water
e. 200 ml thick coconut milk
f. 80 gram sugar
g. 1 coconut sugar or gula Melaka (optional, it gives the good smell and taste)
h. 1 pack cendol green noodles (can find them at the Asian store or Indian shop)
1. Peeled the yam and sweet potato, cut them into small cubes, steam about 20-30 minutes. Use a chopstick to prick through to test if they are cook.
2. Rinse the black-eyed beans. Cook them in the boiling water about 20 minutes or until soft. Drain it and prepare to use later.
3. Cook coconut sugar or gula Melaka in separate pot with some water till it dissolved completely. Drain it with strainer to filter out solid matter.
4. Prepare a big pot with 1 liter of water and sugar, bring it to boil. Pour in coconut milk, then add in yam, sweet potato, black-eyed peas and coconut sugar.
5. Taste and add more sugar if needed.
6. Can served in hot, warm or cold. Add in cendol green noodles before serve.