My hubby and I like to order cold seaweed salad when we eat out. Normally it costs a lots but in very little portion for us. And most of the time, I realized that the green color of seaweed dyed on the little sesame seeds, makes me hesitating to eat them because of unnatural coloring.
I started to think a way to make a healthy, costless but in big quantity seaweed salad for both of us. Within few weeks, my experiment has proven by my hubby, PTL!!! I also shared this recipe with my friends in a pot luck, it got a very good feed back.
a. 1/2 cup Chung Jung Won dried Korean seaweed
b. 1 tablespoon roasted chopped almond
c. 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
d. 1 head Romance lettuces, shredded
e. 1/2 red onion, sliced
f. Dressing (2 tablespoons sesame oil, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoons honey, a pinch of salt)
g. Tomatoes cubes (optional)
1. Soaked dried seaweed in a large bowl with cold clean water for about 15 minutes.
2. Seaweed is about to expand to a cup or more.
3. Squeeze out the extra water in the seaweed as much as you can.
4. Cut the seaweed into small pieces.
5. Mix well seaweed and dressing in a container, then let it set in the refrigerator for over night.
6. The next day, placed the ready seaweed on Romance lettuces and red onion rings.
7. Before serving, sprinkle roasted almonds and sesame seeds.
8. Makes 3 servings
The other reason why we like to eat seaweed, it is because it a rich source of calcium, magnesium and iron.