"Hmm.... I would like to have some raw salad before my meal for healthier life."
In this day of vegetables treated with chemicals, picked before maturity, shipped thousands of miles and stored many days. It will be refreshing to try a really crisp, fresh food. Let's start sprouting seeds!
Directions for one quart sprouting jar. If you are using a 1/2 gallon jar, double the amount of seeds.
1. Obtain high quality untreated alfalfa seeds which have been tested for germination.
2. Place 2 tablespoons alfalfa seeds soak for 4 hours.
3. Drain the water from the jar. Rinse seeds in fresh water again drain again.
4. Lay the jar at an angle in dark place.
5. Rinse and drain seeds twice or three times a day.
6. On the third day of sprouting, rinse the hulls off your jar & place the babies alfalfa in indirect sunlight to develop chlorophyll.
7. The 4th, 5th, 6th... days, enjoy your fresh alfalfa with your favorite dressing.
- Even the youngsters enjoy growing a crop for their meals.